GENESIS SIXTEEN CONDUCTING SCHOLAR APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Applications for Genesis Sixteen Conducting Scholar are now open.
The scholarship is fully funded and offers young conductors the opportunity to be mentored by conductor Harry Christophers and associate conductor Eamonn Dougan, as well as the chance to work with some of the best young ensemble singers in the country. The scholar is given the chance to observe each course, sing with the choir, lead their own rehearsals and conduct several pieces throughout the year.
In order to apply for Genesis Sixteen Conducting Scholarship you must be:
- Aged between 21 and 28 on 4 January 2021
- A UK citizen / resident in the UK for the duration of the programme
- A postgraduate or graduate who is serious about conducting and has experience of conducting choir
- Passionate about working with voices
- Enthusiastic about The Sixteen’s repertoire
- Some singing ability is an advantage as we find it beneficial for the scholar to sing with the choir when not conducting
- Available for all of the following course dates without exception*:
Course 1: Oxford
Monday 4 – Saturday 9 January 2021
Course 2: Location TBC
Friday 9 – Sunday 11 April 2021
Course 3: York
Friday 9 – Sunday 11 July 2021
Course 4: London
Sunday 5 – Saturday 11 September 2021
*these dates are subject to any unavoidable changes due to the ongoing developments of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Genesis Sixteen manager will keep in close contact with the successful candidate on any changes where necessary
Applications can be submitted until 5pm on Friday 16 October. To apply, please submit:
- A link to a video(s) of you conducting a choir in two contrasting pieces. The video(s) must be taken from an angle showing you clearly face on.
– we are aware in the current climate that some applicants may find it difficult to fulfil this element of the application process if they don’t already have such material – if this affects you, please contact Jess on the email below to discuss this
- A covering letter with a few brief paragraphs on why you think you would be suited to the scholarship
- A music CV
- 2 References to be sent directly from your chosen referees (not through yourself) to the email address below
Further details about possible auditions following your application will be sent to you after the application deadline has passed.
Please send your application and any enquiries to the Genesis Sixteen Manager, Jess Haig, at firstname.lastname@example.org