GENESIS SIXTEEN CONDUCTING SCHOLAR APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Applications for Genesis Sixteen Conducting Scholar are now open.
The scholarship is fully funded and offers young conductors the opportunity to be mentored by Conductor Harry Christophers and Associate Conductor Eamonn Dougan, as well as the chance to work with some of the best young ensemble singers in the country. The scholar is given the chance to observe each course, sing with the choir, lead their own rehearsals and conduct several pieces in each concert.
In order to apply for Genesis Sixteen Conducting Scholarship you must be:
- Aged between 21 and 26 on 19 August 2018
- Resident in the UK
- A final year student, postgraduate or recent graduate who is serious about conducting and has experience of conducting choirs
- Passionate about choral conducting and working with voices
- Enthusiastic about The Sixteen’s repertoire
- Some singing ability is an advantage as we find it beneficial for the scholar to sing with the choir when not conducting
- Available for all of the following course dates without exception:
Course 1: Oxford Sunday 19 – Saturday 25 August 2018
Course 2: Manchester Friday 23 – Sunday 25 November 2018
Course 3: London Friday 8 – Sunday 10 February 2019
Course 4: London Sunday 14 – Saturday 20 July 2019
Applications can be submitted until 12pm on Friday 11 May and auditions, should you be successful in gaining one, will be on Thursday 24 May. To apply, please submit:
- A link to a video(s) of you conducting a choir in two contrasting pieces. The video(s) must be taken from an angle showing you clearly face on.
- Covering letter
- 2 References
Please send your application and any enquiries to Jessica Haig at email@example.com