We advertise positions within both the Ensemble and the administrative team here, with full details of how to apply.
The Sixteen is recruiting for committed people, full of creativity and initiative, to act as community volunteer for us, helping to promote our events both in person and via social media, and helping us to reach deeper into local communities.
As a community volunteer you will spread the word about our upcoming concert to your networks and throughout your local community, and have the opportunity to offer your own ideas for improving our marketing and offers.
Although this is an unpaid position, being a volunteer for The Sixteen comes with many excellent perks, including free access to the concert, backstage opportunities and free CDs and downloads. If you would like to work with one of the world’s finest choirs and become part of The Sixteen family, then this is for you.
– To distribute posters/flyers
– To promote The Sixteen’s concert and exclusive offers on different social media platforms
– To promote The Sixteen’s concert and exclusive offers through word-of-mouth
– To come up with new exciting marketing schemes
What we are looking for
– Confident, articulate people, willing to take on new challenges, who are skilled at working in a team and on their own initiative
– Enthusiasm for music and the work of The Sixteen
– Potential interest in learning more about marketing and promotion
There is no age limit on this position, and we are happy to be flexible to fit in around your commitments elsewhere.
What’s in it for you?
– Unique work experience, working directly with The Sixteen’s marketing team.
– The opportunity to learn more about marketing, develop your creativity in this area, and put your ideas into practice
– Free concert tickets
– Opportunities to meet our conductor and singers
– Free CDs and downloads
– Signed merchandise
We are currently looking for volunteers in each of the following areas:
Please send an email to Amy Donaldson at firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interest in the role.
We hold auditions for The Sixteen’s deputy list once a year (usually in January/February).
Applicants will only be considered if they are singing professionally or intend on embarking on a professional singing career (i.e. are in their final year at university or music college).
Applicants must also be resident in the UK and hold a UK or EU passport. CV (including photo) with covering email should be sent to email@example.com.
The next auditions will take place in January 2019 (exact dates to be confirmed).
If you wish to apply for an audition in 2019 please send your CV (including photo) with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2 November 2018.
Please note that we do not hold regular orchestral auditions.
Applicants for our orchestral deputy list will only be considered if they are pursuing a career as a professional period instrument player or intend on entering the profession (i.e. are in their final year at university or music college).
Successful applicants will be required to play to the leader/concert master or the relevant principal. Applicants must also be resident in the UK and hold a UK or EU passport.
Orchestral musicians wishing to join The Sixteen’s deputy list should send their CV (including photo) for consideration to email@example.com along with a covering email.